Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Apr 16, 2009, 8:40 AM   #1

I have been working for a company doing mostly ceramic tile sublimation. I have been told always to use RGB color mode in JPG format. I use PosterPrint with an Epson 7800 Pro wide format printer, and use a special Sawgrass sublimation ink.

It appears that with ceramic tile types colors are fine. I usually cook for 5:00 Minutes at 400 degrees.

But, for glass, it has a thin whitesublimation surface where the ink transfers through to the other side. Since these tiles are about the same thickness as the ceramic I have also been using the same time & tempurature.

We basically have a color profile for printing on Ceramic and Marble tiles. But, Im not sure it's working correctly for Glass Tile. I'm almost thinking there needs to be a new profile. But, I have no idea how those are created for PosterPrint, and I am trying to get through to Sawgrass to figure this out. But, any other thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.
TilePrinterGuy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 25, 2009, 8:35 PM   #2

To Tileprinterguy81, I have developed a break through in sublimation coating for all materials, including glass, this subistance is apoly substate base which can be sprayed or brushed on almost any surface. Once this dries for 24 hours you can sublimate the item used with no special anything, from ink to a new color profile. I have not released this product to the public yet. I still am exploring new posiblilties for this new product. I will let you know more as I do more research and development. If you are interested in this let me know, my email address is kabeto1112@hotmail.com.
kabeto is offline   Reply With Quote