Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Oct 12, 2009, 5:50 PM   #1

Default Olympus P440 Paper/Ribbon???

Has anyone else run into "out of stock" or "discontinued" problems with paper and ribbon for the Olympus P400/440? I tried to order with Adorama and B&H last night but neither stock the 25 packs of paper any longer (only 100 pack) and both are out of the glossy ribbons. I checked Amazon and only found a few vendors that had these items in stock.

I know the printer has been discontinued for a couple of years but paper and ribbon have always been plentiful. Does anyone know if Olympus has finally discontinued supplies?

With 8x10 dye sub printers now over $1,000, I am not looking forward to having to replace the unit.

Thanks,
Gary
garyalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2013, 12:30 PM   #2

I was on the Olympus site a couple of days ago (on a fruitless attempt to get Windows 8 drivers) and there was still some A4 paper and glossy film available. I also see the film on Amazon.
Oh, I have finally found a workaround for the lack of working printer drivers. I am using the P-400's card print function to bypass the computer altogether. I need an SD to CF card adapter AND a CF to PC Card adapter and it is working perfectly.
Meryl Arbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:34 PM   #3

If you are finding any difficulty in printing, you can also use Sublimation machine for printing in ribbon. it works very well and also give nice look.
allenrick is offline   Reply With Quote