Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Jan 23, 2010, 7:55 PM   #1

Default 4 by 6 dye sublimation printer

I had Kodak easy share photo printer 500. It worked OK for about two years, and I made hundreds of pictures using it. Quality is quite adequate for an amatuer. Professional photographers would not use it, probably. PH-160 paper kits allowed to keep price per print to be around 28 cents.
Then it broke.
Customer service was not real good... They also told me it is discontinued...
Now I need a dye sublimation printer replacement. Is there anything like printer 500 on the market, please? I expect the price to be around $200 or so.
Thank you.
maple7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 1, 2010, 6:16 PM   #2

I LOVE my Canon Selphy ES30. No, it's not quite photo lab quality. But it's good enough for event/on-site/even some scrapbooking use.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 6:58 PM   #3

I bought a Canon Selphy CP 780 on sale late last year. It prints almost 4 x 6 inches - and I'm very happy indeed with it.

One night I accidentally left one of the prints outside on the trunk of our car. There was drizzle during the night. It didn't harm the picture one bit.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 8:16 AM   #4

I like the Sony DPP-FP97. It supposedly works with Sony's Bionz sensor in the camera for an optimal photo, but I think that's minimal. Still, it make a nice pic.

I used to use hi-touch (hiti) dyesubs, but they are too big. Sony's is nice and comact with a bigger screen to see what's printing.
wolfstemple is offline   Reply With Quote