Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Apr 17, 2010, 1:57 PM   #1

Default Lots of printer questions, Please Help

The better half and I are going to start taking shots for the local district schools at their dances and special events.

I have a 5x7 printer that I would continue to use for smaller prints but need something that will do the 8x10 and a bit larger would be nice.

We have five schools in the county district but three have senior classes with less than forty kids. In the field output would range anywhere from 50 to 75 prints an evening to it runs non stop for five hours and I have to go back and drop off the prints we did not get finished on site because we ran out of time.

I do not currently have a studio but am soon to be moving into a larger space that would allow for a moderate studio. I do not currently offer outside printing services but I would. I currently print with an ESP-9 Kodak that does a really nice job for ink jet but there have been times when someone walks in and wants 40 or 50 prints and I beat them to death. I bought all the warranty they would sell me so Kodak is still replacing the dead ones but not for much longer.

I am sorry for being long winded but have tried to describe how I think it will be used. Any thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated.

I have no particular brand loyalty but do have a soft spot for Kodak. If it matters the camera is a Sony Alpha and the notebook driving the train is a Toshiba Tecra with ample power to drive software but would prefer to keep that as simple as possible.

Steve
Old Boat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links