Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Dec 15, 2003, 10:21 PM   #1

Default Hi-Touch or Canon

I just purchased a digital rebel with a 1GB card. I am having a great time snapping pics of everything. My wife complains about the digital "black hole" of all my pictures, and I am thinking about a dye sub.

I like the reviews of the Hi-Ti, but I saw a review that said pics taken from a 6Mega Pixel camera take several minutes to print. Can anyone else share their experiences working with a 6MP camera and a dye sub?

I am also considering the Canon dye sub, but I like the 400 DPI vs 300 DPI. (My wife is skeptical that any printer can match what she is getting at Walmart, so I want to make sure what I buy is both EASY and LOOKS GREAT)

Any comments would be appreciated.
smarkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2003, 8:18 AM   #2

I have the Nikon 5700 and the HiTi 630PS. My camera produces 5mp images and yes it does takes about 90 seconds to produce a picture. The 640PS is faster even though it prints at 400 dpi. Your wife will be amazed at the quality of print from the HiTi printer. It rivals any photo labe. The printer adds a protective coat to the print that makes them waterproof and very durable. Go to the Hiti site and ask them to send you a print sample.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote