Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Feb 6, 2004, 11:04 PM   #1

Default Help! Can't install 640PS on XP machine

Just bought a 640PS but unable to install in on my desktop. It got frozen at the "Add New Hardware Wizard" after the installation process prompts me to turn on the printer. Tried to remove all USB peripherals connected to the machine but the same thing happened. Luckily was able to install it on my laptop. And, I must say that I absolutely love the prints produced by this cool-looking printer! Tried to e-mail Hi-Ti but no reply yet. I'm in Singapore, BTW.

I might re-install my XP from scratch again, just to get this baby working. Hopefully it will work, else I'll have to print from the laptop, which unfortunately does not have the disc space to store my photos.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

GeeK
GeeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2004, 11:05 PM   #2

BTW, I've downloaded the latest driver (3.1?) and firmware (1.1).

:shock:

GeeK
Old Feb 7, 2004, 8:13 AM   #3

I have had no problems with installing the 640ps on either of my XP machines. I installed the drivers and then connected the printer and XP installed it.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2004, 10:26 PM   #4

Default Gave up on debugging - reinstalled XP

I figured that the easiest way was to reinstall XP, and I did. No problem detecting the printer (I installed it before installing all other peripherals). But that also means that I'll spend the next week reinstalling other programs.

So, an advice for those of you who tinker with your XP frequently, get yourself a copy of Drive Image to save time.

I'm very impressed with the print quality so far, the only problem is I'm still unable to print the date on the photo. :roll: Any tips anyone?

Still exploring the software though. For the stickers, can we put 16 different images on the 16 stickers, or only 1 image?

Good day!

GeeK