Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Feb 11, 2004, 8:29 AM   #1

Default Exemplary customer service by Hi-Ti staff

All,

I was able to get my 640 PS installed after all. Throughout the week, the engineers from Hi-Ti have been communicating with me to help me via e-mail with my problem, giving detailed instructions, and even offering me an update to help me with my problems. Other than Amazon (these guys are really great!), I've never experienced such professional customer support and I'm totally won over by this company now! Go Hi-Ti!

Just a point of interest for those of you Hi-Ti owners who use both the Digital Rebel, and shoot only in RAW, I've not had much success with printing the date, but made some discovery of why the date did not appear. I've sent my feedback to Hi-Ti, and hopefully, I'll be able to get the date on my pictures soon!

As follows (slightly edited from original mail to Hi-Ti):

====
Just a couple of comments regarding the printing of the date.

1. The font of the date is really ugly (sorry, but I'm speaking the truth). Perhaps the next version of PhotoDesiree will allow us to choose our favorite Windows fonts?

2. I'm currently using Canon Digital Rebel and I shoot in RAW and use Phase One's Capture One software to create the JPEG files. I discovered that for those JPEG files that I created using Capture One, the dates cannot be printed out. On the contrary, those that I shot in JPEG format (same camera) were able to be printed with the date. Then by using ACDSee 6.0 to view the EXIF data, I discovered the reason. I'm not familiar with the exact data structure of EXIF, but it seems that your software is picking up the date from the field EXIF-Camera-Date/Time (I confirmed this by changing this field for one of my images and true enough, the preview showed the new date I changed to). Trouble with those JPEGs produced by the software is that the field EXIF-Camera-Date/Time does not exist - instead, there exists data in the field EXIF-Image-Date/Time Original or Digitized. My question is, whose problem should this be? Phase One or yourselves? Could you make the software check for the existence of EXIF-Image-Date/Time Original data if EXIF-Camera-Date/Time is empty?
====

Good day!

GeeK
GeeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2004, 9:26 AM   #2

Geek

I also have had great experiences when working with the HiTi tech support group. Be sure you enter the HiTi contest. They are fun and you can win some nice prizes.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote