Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Feb 11, 2004, 6:22 PM   #1

Default All Canon CP200 owners opinions please

Hello All,
I am new here and find this a great forum.

I am asking all owners of the CP200 for your opinions. I have just purchased a Canon S50 and decided to buy the Canon CP200 printer to go with it. One of the deciding factors was the durability of the prints it claims to put out.

A few questions other than you impressions:

1) Does the paper really have the credit card format on the back?

2) Does the paper feel like real photo paper?

3) Do you find the prints from this camera comparable to inkjets such as the Famed Epsons, Canons and HPs inkjet printers?

I will leave it there for now and hope to hear from you soon

Thanks!!!

Dudlew
dudlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2004, 2:57 PM   #2

I know there are a few owners of this printer out there.

PLEASE JUST SOME OPINIONS??

Dudlew
Old Feb 23, 2004, 8:12 PM   #3
w2m

Default Love my Canon CP-200

Quote:
1) Does the paper really have the credit card format on the back?

2) Does the paper feel like real photo paper?

3) Do you find the prints from this camera comparable to inkjets such as the Famed Epsons, Canons and HPs inkjet printers?
1. The credit card size paper is only for the CP300 which I do not own.
2. To me it does. I can not tell the difference between the 4x6 print and a 4x6 print from a Kodak digitsl printer at Wallmart. Wallmart is a little cheaper though at 36 cents vs 50 cents for the Canon, but Wallmart is 45 minutes from my house.
3. I can not answer this except as it pertains to my HP2000 inkjet. The quality is much better than from inkjets. Depending on the paper sometimes you can see the ink layers with an inkjet. With the Canon it looks just like a photo with one layer of protective material. The printer lays down one of the 3 colors per pass and on the last pass it lays down the protective coating.

I am very happy with mine.
w2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:04 PM   #4

Dudlew,

I have owned the CP-200 for about 6 months now and I am very pleased wiith it. It produces great pictures. They look and feal just like regular photo paper.

What do you mean about credit card format on the back? Did you mean to say "post card" because if you did... the answer is yes, on the back side of the 4x6 paper it does have a post card back. I have send quite a few through the mail and they all arrived in good condition.
The credit card paper will work in the CP-200. You just have to purchase the credit card tray from Canon, for about $14.00, which I did.

The reason I went with the Canon over the HiTi is Local availibilty of paper. I can get the paper at camera stores, Best Buy, Circuit City, Target and even Office Depot ( which is the cheapest of all of them).

I hope this helps,

August
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2004, 11:52 PM   #5

The reason about availability is also why I bought the Canon.

I live in the Caribbean and have to order this kind of stuff from the US. The company i work for has a shipping a ddress in Florida, so I piggy back. Amazon is the most accessible place for me to buy from and they don't carry the HiTi. I can order from B+H but I have to pay shipping within the US and that is a pain. Most other stores in the US also would not accept an international credit card, which was a must for me. Creating and sending a money order costs me another US$30!!

I am glad that I am getting great response about this printer, and I would love to try the direct printing with my brand spanking new S50 and even from my computer!

D
Old Mar 3, 2004, 3:49 PM   #6

Default AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

After waiting three weeks for my new Canon CP200 printer, I get the paper I ordered at the same time but dont get the printer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE AGONY!!!!!!!!

D