Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Mar 6, 2004, 6:01 PM   #1

Default Thinking about Kodak 8500

I currently use a Fuji Pictrography 3000 which is a great 8x10 printer, but it is rather large. I've been thinking about the Kodak 8500 dye-sub for going on location. The print samples I've seen are great and the cost per page $1.88 is very reasonable. Does anyone have any input on this printer? I've seen it for under $700 and am seriously considering it.
LTBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2004, 12:31 PM   #2

OK, no response. Now all the special prices from the trade show are gone and it looks like I'll have to pay at least 800. Now I'm looking at the Olympus P-440. Anyone have any thoughts on one vs. the other?
Old Mar 25, 2004, 1:37 PM   #3

I decided the Olympos P440 is a better deal. Same output quality, same per-sheet price, lots more options to print direct from the card and print packages, and it's a few hundred dollars cheaper. It should be here tomorrow.
Old Mar 25, 2004, 3:27 PM   #4

Is it nice talking to yourself? (kidding) I had no response as I'm not an owner or that knowledgable about the dye subs. Surprised no responses to your post(s).
aliasd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:36 PM   #5

:PMost of the people in this forums, read read and not post anything, is really disappointed, a lots of people have lots of knoledge but not want to share with others, just get others idea or read others problems. I post few times and I get not response. I can tell you ythe Kodak 8500 is really great printer for me best than the Olympus, ( I try the P-400 ) but I go over with the 8500.

amatheu
AMATHEU is offline   Reply With Quote