Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Mar 26, 2004, 7:47 PM   #1

Default Started Looking Today

I've just started to research dye sub printers. I'm looking for small, reliable and decent price.

I've read several of the reviews here and am not sure where else to go. The one big photo supply store here in Oklahoma City only carries a couple of them and they seem to be overpriced.

I really don't want to buy one sight unseen and no one I've talked to here seems to know anything about dye sub.

Anyone have any ideas?
atkison is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2004, 2:31 AM   #2

If 4x6 prints will suffice, I suggest the Hi-Ti 630pl. If you need a standalone version, Hi-Ti offers the 630ps.

You can request a sample photo from Hi-Ti here: http://www.hitouchimaging.com/contactus.asp I did and they sent a print out to me promptly. As a note, I had heard tell that someone sent in their own digital picture to be printed. Worth a try, if you consider requesting a print.

I see on (newegg) http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...116-001&depa=0 they are offering this printer for $112.50 w/free shipping.

This printer is small, inexpensive and the costs per print average out to be about .40 cents.
In my opinion- this is a great , inexpensive, little dye-sub printer

It is also very easy to operate. A child could operate this printer. If you are looking to print larger than 4x6 dye-sub prints, you'd be looking at paying upwards close to $400.

From a quick look, the cheapest 4x6 dye sub printer is the Hi-Ti. Your other 4x6 dye-sub choices being the Kodak, Canon & Sony.

Good luck!
~Kate
informativetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2004, 2:41 PM   #3

If you need an 8x10 printer, I just bought the Olympus P-440 and I love it. Excellent quality and color, the matte and glossy both look good, and it's about $1.65 a page. The printer runs between $450-500.
LTBerry is offline   Reply With Quote