Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old May 16, 2004, 5:36 PM   #1

:?I recently bought a new Hiti 640PS. The image quality is good, but I am having trouble with getting accurate color. Everything is too blue or green. I got a HP photosmart inkjet for free with a computer I bought last week and the color is very accurate on the photosmart. Does anyone have any suggestions. The color profile given by Hiti doesn't help and either does the Adjustor software. Please help!
Julieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2004, 2:08 PM   #2

Have you downloaded all the firmware and software updates? What program are you using to print with?
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 3:20 PM   #3

I have been printing latelywith no color profiles using the printer wizard that came with Windows XP and it is producing very accurate results. When I tried using various printer profiles, including the one provided by Hi-Touch, the color was not accurate.
Julieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 11:28 AM   #4

You were probably applying the colour profiles incorrectly. Colour profiles, are extremely difficult to use and set-up correctly. The results you get without them should be good enough anyway.
earth_wormjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2006, 4:31 AM   #5

thats interesting as im having the same problems - blacks print grey and sepias with a green tone. do you just select the hiti under printer settings on xp? ive tried calibrating my laptop as well and that doesnt make any difference at all and its driving me mad now!
gismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 7:31 AM   #6

Well you can adjust the colours in the drivers.
Drexl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 8:17 AM   #7

how do you do that if you dont mind me asking?
gismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 10:13 AM   #8

I only know how to do it for the PC. Go to the Printers & Faxes window and right click on the 730PS icon and select printing preferences. Then select advanced tools and if you don't have their earliest driver you will see advanced color settings. Click that and using this you can load a sample image and adjust all the colours in there. Not ideal, you might have ot waste a few prints getting it right but if it works out then it will be worth it.

Not sure how to do this using the Mac drivers but I'll take a look later.
Drexl is offline   Reply With Quote