Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Jun 20, 2004, 3:31 AM   #1

I have seen some postings with this problem, but have not seen a solution yet.

What happens is that the CP-200 is present in the drop-down box of the print screen in ZoomBrowser, but cannot be selected. In addition, in Photoshop the following message pops-up:

'The specified Ink Cassette and Paper cannot be found.

Replace the Ink Cassette and Paper with the specified one.'

Direct printing from my camera works fine.

Any suggestions?

Mac

rdezeeuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2004, 2:20 PM   #2

I am having the same problem with a CP-220 printer. I get the error you mentioned when I try to print from Paintshop Pro. My main system printer is an HP PSC 2410. According to Canon tech support the problem is that the Canon drivers will not coexist with the HP drivers, that I need to deinstall the HP drivers for the Canon to work (not just unplug the printer). To verify, I did uninstall the HP then reinstall the Canon and it did work, when I reinstalled the HP drivers though, the original problem came back. Obviously this is NOT an acceptible solution since I have no intention of repeatedly deinstalling and reinstalling drivers. If anyone has a workaround, I'd love to hear it. My present solution, when I want the 4x6 dye sub print, is to write the jpg back to a memory card, plug it back into my camera (Fuji s7000) and print through the PictBridge. As for Canon's software :ak47:. I would hope they address this issue or at least warn people not to buy this printer if they also have an HP printer.
tleonhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2004, 4:01 PM   #3

Dear tleonhar,

You might well be right here. I have a HP inkjet printer as well (970 Cxi). Deleting this printer allowed me to print from the CP-200. I did not necessarily have to (physically) undelete the printer drivers for the HP, however. Simply deleting the printer from the (printer) config menu sufficed. The next time I plugged in the USB-cable for the HP, Windows automatically re-installs the printer. Nevertheless, it does not allow me to print from the HP and the CP-200 in one 'session'. I agree with you that this is a very undesirable situation.

Mac.
rdezeeuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2004, 4:14 PM   #4

That's a good idea. I'll give that a try first chance I get, if it works, it would sure beat writing them all out to a CF card and all that. Thanks for the tip!
tleonhar is offline   Reply With Quote