Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Aug 11, 2004, 11:29 PM   #1

Hi,

My name is Carlos and I am from brazil. I am, recently, entering in the digital world... Of course, here in my contry, this technology is too much expensive, but know is getting affordable....

I am really looking for photo printing, its amazing this kind of technology. But, like a sailorĀ“s first trip, i have a lot of doubts to be solved, I hope you can help me.

I saw a lot of photoprinters reviews and read a lot of topics here. I noticed that people here are full of information, having diferents kinds of printers and a lot of personal opinion.

Getting a point, I really like SONY DPP EX50, dont know why, just liked the style. The question is: is it similar the "lab" photos? Can a regular guy see diference between a ex50 printed photo and a lab photo? Its a simple question.

The other one is a little strange... Here, in the market, there is the HP Photosmart 245 for sale already. I like the LCD function. But, it is a inkjet printer. So, which one is the best, the ex50 or photosmart 245? This one can do printed photos like the lab photos?

Sorry about my limited english, we use portuguese language here.

If anyone did not understand my questions, please i can try improve....

Thanks!
Carlos.
cegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2004, 6:10 AM   #2

Don't worry, printing quality of SONY DPP EX50 is marvellous. Maybe there's not enough deep blacks (it uses 3 colors), but it doesn't prevent high performance of pictures, sure.

I'mtotally satisfied.
Pipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2004, 9:06 AM   #3

Thanks Pipkin,

Iread your posts about the deep black issue.

Do you have a ink photo printer like HP or Canon? Can you describe the photo quality difference between them???

Thanks Pipkin....
cegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2004, 7:31 AM   #4

Hi, Cegh,

Unfortunately, I've got neither HP nor Canon before and now. Sony EX50 is my 1st photoprinter. And I'm enjoying with it completely.

I don't like wet pointilized ink photosfading through the ages...

Moreover,I print not so frequently, generally I'm shooting for monitor & slideshow to do. Our family photo collections we keep in digital statenot in papers.

Best wishes!
Pipkin is offline   Reply With Quote