Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Aug 18, 2004, 11:08 AM   #1

I'm looking at the 730, which offers several print size format options. That's great, but please tell me that I can change sizes before the ribbon / paper for one size is exhausted?? My question is... Can I print 3 4x6 prints and then switch to 5x7 and then back to 4x6 with some ease?
Ben_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2004, 3:47 PM   #2

Ben - You sure can change print sizes in mid-ribbon, and easily. The cartridge ribbons pop in and out easily. The HiTi printers are great. Excellent quality, and the lowest price per print. The 730's ability to change sizes (and easily) makes it less expensive than the Olympus or others that print 8x10s where you must gang small print sizes and cut down to size. And HiTouch Imaging has been an OEM manufacturer of dye sub products for Eastman Kodak for over ten years. Great equipment - I have a 640 myself and love the portability.

Bob Laubach

Manassas, VA
Pixelator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2004, 7:26 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply.... I went ahead and purchased a 730 and love it so far!! Very easy to use, fast, and fun!! I'm looking forward to many great prints. Instant gratifaction is the best!!
Old Nov 5, 2004, 6:59 PM   #4

Hi Ben,

You did the right thing. I love my 730PS. The pictures are great. I really do not miss the 8 x 10 photos since I do mostly 4 x 6. I give people 6 x 8 photos and they just as happy. People ask me how I get the pictures so fast. They can't believe I did them at home.

Enjoy,

Nadia
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2004, 11:03 AM   #5

Nadia,

Agreed!! I love the printer. I did read somewhere that Hi-Ti is looking into making the 730 PS 8x10 compatable. That would just be a bonus in my book!! These printers are well worth the $$. I can't really say anything negative about it!

Ben

:-)

Old Nov 8, 2004, 5:00 PM   #6

Ben,

If they make it 8 x 10 compatable then I will be in printer heaven. I almost did not buy it because it could not do 8 x 10. I really haven't missed that option too much. Most people are happy with 5 x 7's. I do 8 x 10's on my old printer, of course not water proof and they will fade in time.

Nadia
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2004, 11:48 PM   #7

I hate to break it to you but they are instead releasing a new printer, just like the 730, but max size will be 8x10. he 730's print head is physically too small to print 8x10. If you go to www.hi-ti.com, support, forums, there are several threads about the upcoming printer.
shaun3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2004, 2:25 PM   #8

Thanks for the update. I haven't looked on the Hi-Ti forum site in a couple of weeks. I, like Nadia, do not miss the 8x10 too much. I love the printer... if I feel the need, I could probably sell the 730 PS on E-Bay and upgrade to the latest and greatest, but I thnk I'm happy with what I have.

Ben :-)