Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Nov 7, 2004, 2:01 PM   #1

How do all you HiTi owners cope with all the dust and scratches on your photos? I have had two 640ps printers (the first one went back to the manufacturer with another problem) and they both have problems with dust and scratches on the prints. Maybe you folks have low standards but I usually only get 10 useable prints from a pack of 50 sheets of paper - the rest have small specks of dust somewhere on the photo.
I also find that 90% of the time when I change the ribbon, it gets jammed up in the printer mechanism and I have to wind it back on to the cassette (along with wasting a print).
As soon as my case of supplies runs out, I am getting a real printer.
For my first 100 prints I thought it was the greatest, now I know it is the worst.
gooddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2004, 4:20 PM   #2

Dear Gooddog,

I have been lucky with the 730Ps, I have to admit that a few times after putting in a new ribbon or changing a ribbon I get dust, which goes away after the second print. I have learned to gently take out the ribbon so not to stir dust. I had a terrible problem once when I used the brushafter a cleaning. That was a mistake b/c I had dust particleson about 5 prints. Otherwise, I love the printer and everyone thinks my pictures were processed professionaly. Never had a jam.

Nadia
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote