Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Nov 11, 2004, 9:56 PM   #1

Just started looking at the HiTi printers. Am interested in printing from CF cards on location and in this situation I have a couple of questions.

1. Can I sharpen pictures before printing direct from the card or can this only be done when connected to a PC?

2. While I'm sure I will print most 4x6 photos in Gloss, do I have a choice of printing matte finish and how are both finishes.

3. What are the differences between the 640GALA and the 640PS printers.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

mitrisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:34 AM   #2

Hi,

dont really know about the 640PS or Gala have bought the 730PS as this model comes with the remote LCD screen so you can adjust a number of things just using this screen.

1. Load card into slot

2. Printer reads from card

3. Press Edit on hand held remote

4 . A list of options appears which can be adjusted:

Brightness, Contrast, Colour:R/G, Colour:B/Y and Sharpness

The sharpness is a sliding bar just move left or right to increase or decrease, remember though the screen is only 1.5inches so you may not notice how much sharpening you are doing!!

The Matte effect can also be turned on or off via the remote, it looks like it just puts the gloss coat down in a different way. If using a PC and using the software you have 4 options of matte: large, medium and fine and just matte. The picture that is shown when you select these looks like a diamond pattern withvery small, small medium and large diamond patternswhich is what the gloss coat looks like when its is printed.

Very hard to explain looks not too bad but depends on the actual picture, I just use the gloss though.

Hope this helps

Ian

IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote