Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Dec 5, 2004, 11:22 AM   #1

Just over two weeks ago I bought a new P-400 (yes i know it is an old model) for $199.99 at Officemax in Sioux Falls, SD.
I stopped in yesterday looking for a decorative cutting wheel and noticed they had the display marked on clearance for $149.99US. WOW!

I asked if I could order a new one in the box for that price and the store person said YES!!. But instead he sold me the display model for $135.00US and that included an additional three year warranty which is usually $35.00US. So, I got this printer for a cool hundred bucks. HOLY CRAP!! And he also sold the remaining two paper packs they had at a two for one deal. I called my mother and she will be reimbursing me and picking up this second printer.

To top it off I took in the receipt from my original printer purchase and got back $50.00US because of the price drop.

Anyway, the store person said they can order in this printer for $149.99 !!! Amazing deal for a nice printer. I don't know if this applies to all stores but the store person kept saying, "officemax must be completely clearancing this item". I checked online and they still want $349.99US.

later
quakebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2004, 9:40 PM   #2

Just got back from my local OM and they still have it marked $399.99, asked the cashier to ring it up and sure enough $399.99

All they had was the display and yep...$399.99

Sounds like you got a great deal.
Semper_Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2004, 10:05 PM   #3

hell yaaaaa!!

later
quakebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 8:24 PM   #4

I have found out that you can get one at Olympus' website for $199 (it's a refurb). I'm still trying to decide between it and one of the Hiti printers.

I can get bigger format for less with the Olympus, but the price per print is a good bit higher than the Hiti's.

Hmmm, decisions decisions.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 8:22 PM   #5

Just bought one for $160.39 + $10.00 shipping from Olympus.

Just an FYI for anyone looking at the P-400, Olympus auctions refurbs on Ebay. They come straight from Olympus with a 90 day warranty.

Now, does anyone know where to get the ribbons and paper at a good price?