Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:05 PM   #11

Sorry I should jave mentioned I'd started a fresk box of 25LS. It has the same manufactured date so I did not think it was relevant.

The power issue out of USB ports had caught me out before, it is sometimes critical to use a powered usb multiport device. Belkin provide one with mine but say it 'may not always be needed!

However, this maybe a clue to what is wrong. It could be that either the ribbon code bars or the color patches themselves were badly applied to the mylar base.

I'll do some more testing. Meanwhile I've producted more perfect prints from!

I still mean to check for dust etc on the detector diodes if I can get at them.

I've been a computer engineer since 1960 (repeat, 19sixty) and I've traced some difficult faults in my time, I don't like to give up! But it looks more like I should get a Canon or Kodak version soon.

I'm extremely annoyed that I strung all these posts together, completed all the Sony questions, my address etce etc, only to find its impossible to email the query to them because its impossible to fill in a couple of boxes that are essential before their stupiod web site lets the email through!!!!!

Mike
kermode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:38 PM   #12

The same SV-55 print pack that doesn't work on my computer prints fine on my son's computer so I doubt if that is our problem. I'm sure there is some type of driver conflict on my machine; unfortunately, the Sony is the only hardware that I'm having problems with. I also have a USB Samsung laser printer that works fine.

Loren

laajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 3:12 PM   #13

OK, I understand. I assume you mean your printer on your son's computer?

This could meanthe USB voltage is different on his, probably higher. It would only need a little variation to mess up the signal that in turn could mean that the Sony ignores or mis-interprets a color data signal. Or the different voltage (the 5V supply) may, say, be higher /lower and make the detector diodes glow brighter (or lower) and thus recognise the ribbon positions.

All in all, as several of us are having problems, and mine now works on the latest ribbon, I suspect substandard ribbons or a change in the Sony manufacturing problems.

I just made another perfect print!!!

Mike
Old Feb 21, 2005, 3:28 PM   #14

Here'e another thing . . .

On the printer selection list, do you see DPP-SV55 AND DPP-S77? and in the print monitor box do you see 55/77/ and 88 mentioned.

The 77 and 88 have only appeared since I put in the new driver yesterday. Also it was odd that when I switched USB ports from the add-on to an actual computer back panel socket I had to have the printer ON to get the driver in. I'm sure that before this you could load the driver with the printer off and/ or disconnected.

This was the first time I installed the driver by selecting RUN rather than downloading the file and then running it from the computer.

Meanwhile I'm still printing OK!

Mike
Old Feb 22, 2005, 1:36 PM   #15

BINGO - THIS IS IT FOLKS. SONY DID not know this was on their web ASIA web site! They are sending me a box of 25-LS

This printer driver fixesprinting problemfor images that are printed with incorrectcolorsfor print jobssent from Windows XP SP2

http://www.css.ap.sony.com/consumer/template/DDSummary.aspx?Id=30883&Category=Digital+Photo +Printer

MIKE
Old Feb 23, 2005, 11:35 AM   #16

BINGO - THIS IS IT FOLKS. SONY DID not know this was on their web ASIA web site! They are sending me a box of 25-LS

This printer driver fixesprinting problemfor images that are printed with incorrectcolorsfor print jobssent from Windows XP SP2

http://www.css.ap.sony.com/consumer/template/DDSummary.aspx?Id=30883&Category=Digital+Photo +Printer

MIKE
Old Mar 4, 2005, 8:16 PM   #17

Mike,

Thanks for posting--I have been searching for this driver since September (when I first installed XP SP2)...

As a recap of my problem, my SV55 started printing the dark, overexposed prints after installing SP2. I burned through no less than 25 prints trying to get it to work (trying new color profiles, drivers, etc) without luck. I then uninstalled XP SP2 (after wasting my breath with Sony support), and all was fine again. I then tried printing from a different laptop computer, and the problem came back--therefore, I knew it was an XP/Sony driver issue. As of tonight, I amback on SP2, the new Sony driver (ver 1.0.0.2), and all is good!

Sony support was absolutely USELESS in troubleshooting this issue. I was bounced around from Sony imaging support to VAIO support, and all I asked was that they attempt to repeat the problem, but support claimed they had no ability to escalate an issue to Engineering--Ishould post my "live support"it would just blow your mind! Sony US has still not posted the updated driver--LAME!

I love the Sony products that I own, except when I have issues with them--then I Sony. I have been looking at the DSC-P200, but as a result of my support experiences with Sony, I think I will wait for the Canon SD500--anyone have any experience with Canon support?

Anyway, thanks again for posting!

Tom
TomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 1:28 PM   #18

laajr wrote:
Quote:
I've had this printer for 2 years, and overall, has worked fine until recently. If I have more than one pic to print, all prints after the first print look as if one of the color pass imprints did not occur (i.e. first print is fine, subsequent prints look green or yellow, etc.). I've changed the printer pack and reloaded the drivers with no luck.

Also, the first 2 passes seem ok (view paper as it passes in an out of the printer). So, for some reason, the 3rd pass imprint is not working correctly. The print is actually running through the printer the same way as the first 2 passes. I'm guessing it has something to do either with the data passed to the printer or internal SV55 electronics/ thermal head...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Loren
you need update your drivers here are the link

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-li...amp;SelectOS=7
AMATHEU is offline   Reply With Quote