Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Dec 25, 2004, 2:47 AM   #1

Does anybody know if the Canon SELPHY CP400 photo printer would be compatible with myCanon PowerShot A70 digital camera?

I've been looking for a compatibility chart for the printer, but haven't been able to find one.
bryan868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 25, 2004, 2:57 AM   #2

bryan868 wrote:
Quote:
Does anybody know if the Canon SELPHY CP400 photo printer would be compatible with myCanon PowerShot A70 digital camera?

I've been looking for a compatibility chart for the printer, but haven't been able to find one.

Yes it should be, I've used my A70 with the CP220 I think the Selphy is about the same.

The A70 has DPOF and is pictbridge compatable so it should work.

Merry Christmas

Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 10:56 AM   #3

:?:

Is this printer really a dyesub or is it an ink jet? The Canon web page doesn't clearly identify the type.
FanOfSteves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 12:12 PM   #4

FanOfSteves wrote:
Quote:
:?

Is this printer really a dyesub or is it an ink jet? The Canon web page doesn't clearly identify the type.

The Canon Selphy CP400 is a Dye-Sub, the Canon Selphy DS700 is the compact inkjet type printer that uses ink.

Cheers Ian
Old Dec 27, 2004, 1:31 PM   #5

OK - now I understand. The CP400 is not sold in the US and I was confuced with the DS700.

...but what is the difference between the CP220 and the CP400? They look different but seem to have very similar specs.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 2:40 PM   #6

FanOfSteves wrote:
Quote:
OK - now I understand. The CP400 is not sold in the US and I was confuced with the DS700.

...but what is the difference between the CP220 and the CP400? They look different but seem to have very similar specs.

From the research I did when choosing mine I couldn't find a difference in any of them apart from the CP330 which has a rechargable battery inside so it can be used anywhere.

Thats about the only difference I can see all of the others can use the same paper(all the different types) and all can fit the different paper holders.

There might be a difference in print speed but thats about it.

Thats about all I know on the canon CP and selphy series of printers.

Cheers Ian
Old Dec 29, 2004, 12:22 PM   #7

The SELPHY CP-400 is a compact dye-sub printer. It cannot be bought by itself. You have to buy it with a camera in a combo pack, either with a Powershot S500 or an A400. From what I have researched, the CP-400doesn't havethe option to have a battery pack, like the CP-330. It's like a remake of the CP-220. You would think Canon would make this printer portable, but it's still a great deal. You get a camera, and a printer to print your pictures right away.
JonathanV112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 1:03 PM   #8

:-D
My new CP-220 is on the way via UPS. It's only $130 @ Staples this week after rebate. It seems to be the perfect photo-printer for for my wife's albums. Thanks for all your help!
:|