Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Dec 26, 2004, 11:43 AM   #1

I edit photos on my PC (with PhotoImpression 4.0) then put them on power point slides as collages with text, etc. for family photos and even for business applications. Can anyone recommend a Sub Dye printer to create such 8 x 10 collages and print them? Thanks for any help on this!
drawzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 26, 2004, 1:03 PM   #2

drawzalot wrote:
Quote:
I edit photos on my PC (with PhotoImpression 4.0) then put them on power point slides as collages with text, etc. for family photos and even for business applications. Can anyone recommend a Sub Dye printer to create such 8 x 10 collages and print them? Thanks for any help on this!

The only ones I know of are the Kodak 1400 professional and the olympus P440E

Try www.systeminsight.co.uk it gives the prices of these Dye-Subs and the price of the consumables, in the UK. I think some of consumables are priced wrong for the kodak.

This will give you a start then hunt around for reviews, check out Steve's printer reviews they are all very good.

Using Dye-Subs are very expensive at the size you want may be worth looking at the canon pixma 4000 or 6000d photo printers with good quality ink and good quality paper the results are also very good.

Cheers Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2004, 6:23 PM   #3

:bye:Thanks for the help, Ian. The site you gave me the link for seems to like the Hi-Ti products as do so many others. I may wait until they come up with a version for 8 x 10. In the long run, including consumables, it's supposed to be cheapest. At least that's what I'm learning so far. I'll also check out the Kodak and the Olympus.
drawzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2004, 6:47 PM   #4

Hi ,

Yep system insight do like the HI-touch I bought my 730PS from them I spoke to the guy there he has been invited to there factory as he has sold so many of their printers.

I asked him about the larger size and from what he has been told there are no plans to bring out a Hi-Touch that prints 8"x10" not for the next year anyway.

If you go on that web site and go into the shop area and select Dye-sub it does list the kodak and the olympus.

the olympus 440E is £399.99

the Paper for 100 sheets of A4 is £89.99

the ink ribbon enough to print 50 sheets is £59.99

I think this is very expensive, I would look at the kodak.

I have'nt seen any reviews for these two printers I went for the Hi-Ti as I don't need to print larger than 6"x8" if I do it will be via an online printer.

best thing is to try and find reviews on the above two printers but also look at good quality inkjets as well.

Cheers Ian

Just read Steve's review of the Olympus P440 he gives it a very good review, he also mentions the Kodak 8500, not seen this one. In the reviews the US prices seem to be much cheaper than in the UK so they could be a worth while investment

IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote