Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Mar 31, 2005, 12:06 PM   #11

HITI 730ps is only 301 DPI check Olympus P_440 314 DPI cheapest media than the HITI 730PS and the prints are exceptional:|
AMATHEU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2005, 4:50 PM   #12

I don't know where you are but the Olympus media is way more expensive than the HI-TI in the UK.

I think it may work out cheaper slightly if you print multiple shots onto an A4 sheet of paper then cut the individual pictures out.

For the saving I don't think this is worth it

Cheers Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 10:11 PM   #13

So i made up my mind. A couple of days ago i ordered the HITI 730PS. it should arrive soon, and let me tell you: I CANT HARDLY WAIT FOR IT TO ARRIVE.

The minute i get it off the pack i will test and then post some feedback in here so if anyone need info or some imput about it....you will have it.

Wish me luck guys! Im in the hands of postal service's quality now.

Aldans
Aldans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2005, 11:05 AM   #14

Someone tell ametheu that a 13dpi doesn't mean a thing in Dye Sublimation.

Dye sublimation is a heat transfer process that produces continous tone prints so "DPI" has no direct bearing on 'quality' in this case.

Aldans - I use large "Zip Lock" bags to store paper and ribbon, once they are opened. Keeps dust problems to a minimum. Clean your output roller occasionally with PecPad and alcohol.

Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 1:20 PM   #15

Aldans wrote:
Quote:
So i made up my mind. A couple of days ago i ordered the HITI 730PS. it should arrive soon, and let me tell you: I CANT HARDLY WAIT FOR IT TO ARRIVE.

The minute i get it off the pack i will test and then post some feedback in here so if anyone need info or some imput about it....you will have it.

Wish me luck guys! Im in the hands of postal service's quality now.

Aldans
That said on August, 14th I have to say i was in hands of mother nature not postal service. Three months later and i finally got the freaking printer, yes 3 months... why? cus the shippment went trough Katrina, bounced back to Miami because of it; then went trough Wilma, bounced back again, and finally it got home. Thanks UPS.

Maybe going trough all that was kind of to prove that this is one hell of a printer. Very strong build, not that large (I was expecting a larger printer) and pretty nice quality prints.

The instalation was fairly easy, both hardware and software and this was my first photo printer so i had no idea of how to use or place ribbon cassettes nor paper tray.

I have printed about 20 pictures using several methods: direct from microdrive slot (fast printing, slow procesing), from desiree software (worse photo software i have ever tryed), from photoshop (nice prints but it kinda shifts the colors, do you guys know about any specific color profile i can use?), from acdsee (nice but it lacks features to manage a photoprinter), and from corel draw (i was not able to print out anything from this one..... my fault? any ideas on this?).

The only thing i noticed as a con is paper thickness, i was execting a lil bit more of paper weight. But then again this is for home use, not a real photo lab.

So all in all, im "photoprinter adicted" and i cannot wait to get another :-).

Aldans is offline   Reply With Quote