Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Nov 23, 2002, 8:41 PM   #1

Default Sony dpp-sv55 problem..

I've had my Sony sv55 for nearly a year, and it's performed wonderfully. Now though, it has developed a problem. It prints a line running the length of the paper. Not just a white line, but it even scores(scratches) the paper. It must me a dirt particle?? I tried changing printer packs, but it didn't help. I took the cover off and used compressed air. Problem still there.
Mechanically, it works perfectly. I would sure hate to send this in for service costing big money for a piece fo lint. Any ideas? It has been well taken care of and even covered. This problem started 2 weeks ago. Has anybody here dealt with this before? Thanks.
Larry
larryinlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2002, 10:55 AM   #2
Administrator

Most dye sub printers come with some sort of printhead cleaning tool, check your printer box if you still have it. It's usually just a bar shaped thing that you run back and forth across the thermal printhead to clear foreign matter that might have gotten stuck to it. This will cause the transfer ribbon to crinkle which can cause all sorts of problems on the finished print.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2003, 8:09 PM   #3

I have a few of these printers N I have to clean the heads with a long 5" Q Tip N that helps but no cleaning kit for Sony printers DPP SV 55,77 & 88 Infact Sony wont back/support 'em beyond the War. date. So go to ebay N buy another cheap -$50.00 play with it take it apart N learn how to clean 'em yourself. :>)
peace
Zip
Zip Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2003, 7:18 PM   #4

Hi, I had a white line and I removed the print cartridge assembly and wailed the tar out of it with compressed air and swabbed everywhere else I could get it. That took care of the problem but still I see very fine lines that aren't observable unless you look close and get "dust" particles on the prints. I'm not real happy with this aspects of the printer. Having never owned a dye sub until this printer, I wonder if they are traits of all dye subs or just unique to this particular model.
geepondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2003, 10:37 PM   #5

Default Sony DPP-SV55 Color Profile

Does anyone have an ICC Color Profile for the Sony DPP-SV55?
agrohe is offline   Reply With Quote