Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Feb 28, 2005, 5:04 PM   #1

I have just received my Olympus P-440, but its come with items missing. No software/driver CD, no paper exit tray, no power lead and more importantly no ink cassette (ribbon holder), which appears in all the instructions as a plastic part that you put the ribbon on before you put it in the printer.

I've just sent an e-mail to the store, lets see what their reason is, but it this probably means more than a week waiting before I can print, assuming they shipped missing items imediately, which pisses me off because I wanted to use it for some prints for a competition.

This question goes for anyone who's used this printer. I was able to place the ink ribbon in the printer without needing the ink cassette (ribbon holder), and its held in place (rollers fit in). Could the ink cassette be something an older revision of this printer used and now it doesnt? Did yours come with this cassette or could it have become an option now only my instructions are still the old ones so it still appears?

NOTE: I have bought the european version of this printer. (P-440E) Maybe an owner can shed some light.
Alex53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2005, 7:32 AM   #2

I bought my P-400 during a store clearance (I got it for $100) and there were also several parts missing. Here is what I discovered.

The driver software is downloadable free from Olympus.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/...Me-2000-XP.exe

The power cord is the same standard cord as used by any computer.

USB cable is also standard

and all the accessories (such as the ribbon holder) can be ordered from Olympus (The accessories that are listed for the P-400 will work equally well on the P-440)

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...rinter_acc.asp

When you see the results, you will be very pleased.
Meryl Arbing is offline   Reply With Quote