Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old May 18, 2005, 3:33 PM   #1

Recently I've read (in CHIP-Foto-Video) test several4"x6" dye/ink printers (Canon,Sony,Hi-Ti, HP, Olympus)and for the best image quality Canon Selphy CP-400 was chosen. They claims that details reproductions was perfect, the best one.

All Hi-Ti tested printers (641PS, 640PS, Photo Shuttle) were considered as not very sharp.

I've readquite a lot of positive opinions re Hi-Ti printers and I'm just wonder if someone compares CP-400 vsHi-Ti printer.

BTW. Recently I've printed some good quality pictures with CP-400 and they really look great,lot of details and great color reproduction. Before reading this artickle I was about to buy Hi-Ti 4"x6" printer but now I hesitate mainly cause I have never seen any pictures from Hi-Ti and in my country CP-400 is almost2 times cheaper than the chepest Hi-Ti. Really I don't now what to buy...

mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2005, 10:30 AM   #2

Hi there,

Very difficult to say, I've owned the canon CP220 (which is almost identical to the cp400 Selphy)

I have sold that, for the HI-TI 730ps.
I did this because I prefer the slightly larger size prints the 730PS can print.
If you only want to stick with 4x6 then you could go with either, I don't think there is much difference.
I could never see a big difference between the Canon CP220 or the HI_TI 730PS.

All these tests are great......BUT, it's YOUR opinion that counts I would goto the HITI web site and request a picture be sent to you and do the same for the Canon printers on their web site(you can upload one of your photos and they will print this and send it to you!)

Only by doing this and comparing the photos yourself will you know what YOU prefer.

Hope this helps

Cheers Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote