Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Feb 24, 2003, 9:17 AM   #1

Default HiTi 630 PS - problem reading from CF card

I don't know much about computers, printers, cameras, etc., so any thoughts would be very appreciated. I received a HiTi 630 PS for Xmas. It's been working well, but just recently it's had trouble reading from the CF card in the stand-alone mode. I have a CF card with a lot of pictures on it, but the printer only recognizes 10 of them. It's as if the CF card only has 10 pics on it, but I know that there are much more than 10 pics b/c I can still view them on my camera. Any thoughts on what's going on or how I can fix that? Thanks!!!
Jflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2003, 9:27 AM   #2

Jflo

It is possible that the 630ps can only read the pictures added to media directory. I have not had this problem with my 630 but I also use smart media cards. I would reformat the CF card and try again.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2003, 11:49 AM   #3

also its a possibility that it may not have the ability to read tiff files if that is what you are making.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2003, 9:00 PM   #4

Gregersonsalvage is correct in that the 630ps can only read jpg files in the stand alone mode. You can print tiff files when connected to your computer. the 630s also has a limit of 3 or 4mp jpg files in the stand alone mode.
Old Feb 24, 2003, 9:53 PM   #5

Thanks so much for your thoughts. Hmmm, I'm not sure if these are tiff files as I don't know how to make pictures Jpegs or tiffs. I just point and shoot. The printer was previously recognizing these photos that it's now not reading, and it just stopped recognizing them recently. As I said, it was working fine before so I'm disappointed that something is going wrong now. I need things to be as simple as possible b/c I'm so uninformed. Thanks for your help.
Jflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2003, 11:09 AM   #6

Jflo

There are new updates for the 630ps. The link is below:

http://www.hitouchimaging.com/downlo...20&productid=4

There are driver updates, firmware, and printing program updates.

Hope this helps.

Phil
Old Feb 26, 2003, 5:50 PM   #7

Please check if you have the latest driver and firmware. To do so from the PC connect the printer to pc and Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Printers and Faxes. Then right-click the HiTi printer and choose 'Printing Preferences'. Click the 'About' tab and here you will find the Driver version. Click on the letter 'V' of the word 'Version'

and this will tell you the firmware version at the bottom right of the window. To check the firmware version as standalone mode use the hand-held controller select the “Setup” locates at lower right corner. Press “OK”. Press the up arrow to select “About” press “OK”. You can see the firmware version. The latest firmware is 1.38.

You can download it at our website http://www.hitouchimaging.com/downlo...20&productid=4 .

Let me know if this solve the problem.
AlexWang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2003, 5:49 PM   #8

Hi Touch Imaging have released new updates for firmware that will allow 8 mb pics to be printed.