Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Jan 1, 2006, 2:29 PM   #1

I just purchased a kodak easysjare photo 500 printer. I installed the 10 print cartridge that it came with and all was good. I also purchased the 160 print pack as well. When the 10 cartridge ran out. I replaced it with one of the cartridges in the 160 pack. It is labeled 40. The DONER level in the printer still says "0/10" and I keept getting a message that the cartridge is LOW. Also the light that says replace cartridge is on. Even though I am getting these errors, I can still print photos. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks...

--- Dave
djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2006, 9:41 PM   #2

anyone?
djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 6:21 AM   #3

I just happened upon this message while Googling for an answer to the same problem that djqwik posted 8 months ago.

I just received an Easyshare 500, and am having exactly the same problem with it - the thing refuses to acknowledge that there is a new cartridge installed, and still shows "0/10" in the donor level.

The other observation I've made is that the colours I'm getting with the new media kit is off when compared to the prints from the sample pack. Cyan cast. Unfortunately, I upgraded the firmware in the printer to Kodak's latest at the same point I switched to the new ribbon- so I don't know which is responsible for the change....

Anyone have these experiences?
philf is offline   Reply With Quote