Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Feb 6, 2006, 7:04 AM   #1

I've just received a HiTi 631/PS from System Insight complete with the travel bag etc.

I need to take this out to Spain at the end of the month - my Father wants it so he can print and send pictures to the family without needing a computer.

Anyway, I want to familiarise myself with the printer first so I want to set it up, install ribbon, paper etc.

Can the 631/PS be transported with the ribbon installed? It will likley be in a suitcase in its travel bag in checked in luggage. I could take it onboard as cabin baggage I think. It shouldn't be more problematic than a laptop in that regard.

gcowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2006, 1:56 PM   #2

Hi,

Got my 730PS from system insight!
I can't see it being a problem leaving the ribbon in the printer, I would get a plastic ZIP pouch to hole the paper in though or you will see dust specs when they are printed.
I would be very tempted to carry it on board. Having seen the state of my case when put in the hold, you may get to your destination and find a bag full of parts!!

May be worth while checkingwith the guys at system insight just to make sure it's ok.

HTH

Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:26 PM   #3

I think I will take it on board.It's not uber expensive but imagine getting a HiTi repaired under baggage warranty in Spain.Probably better all round to take on as hand luggage. It won't be coming back after all.I used it for the first time tonight and whilst my Selphy CP510 is a relativley new printer and this is older, I'm buggered if I can spot the difference. And the HiTi is printing from a memory card which makes it more impressive.I am very impressed with the HiTi, so much so I kind of whish I had got one instead of the CP510. It's only since the release of iLife (and therefore iPhoto '06) on the Mac that the Selphy has really become usable.(edit)I did pack the cassette plus paper away in a zip plastic bag.
gcowell is offline   Reply With Quote