Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Feb 6, 2006, 5:22 PM   #1

Hi, don't know if we're just too tired but having real problems getting started. Firstly I imported an image onto the Desiree software andtried to crop it but couldn't really work out how to do this - is it the image resize function? Wasn't sure what to do with the no of pixels setting. Step by stepinstructions would help! Then I imported an image I had alrady trimmed in my Canon Browser and tried to print it but althoughthe paper went in and out the printer nothing appeared on it! Finally I resorted to printing an unedited image straight off the card -so at least I know the printer CAN print albeit totally unedited and not what I want. Please help!Thanks, Liz (despondent)
liz4855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 7, 2006, 1:25 AM   #2

Liz

We have the 730 for our photo business. What we do is edit the photo in cs then save as an *a.jpg. Then we use the windows program that prints the photo to the 730.

Windows will give in this order:

1. printer preference then paper size. (5 x 7) Auto optimizations,landscape or portrait

2. next page hit next.

3. when the next page comes up choose either fax page or photo. Fax page will give you an unedited photo, no cropping. Photo will crop slightly. but you must wait till the window on right shows the picture before you hit next.

4 the next screen sharpen(bring slider to jus over the E in (you'll see what I mean) then you can adjust contrast or brightness.(this is usually done in PS. then hit print.

Hope this helps

TedP
TedP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 5:58 PM   #3

Thanks Ted. The initial problem seems to be due to the driver not being properly installed - reinstalled it tonight andI can print from the PCfromany of my basic photo editing packages. Now I need to decidewhether these will do or whether I should upgrade to PS Elements. Have found initial printssofter than I would expect (suing 7mp Canon A620 on Large Superfine) so I need to try the sharpening tool.Cheers, Liz
liz4855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 1:23 AM   #4

We own 2 730ps printers and when used off our cards they are fantastic! But, they are not so great off the home system. The best results, in comp printing, we have found is after applying whatever you use in editing sw is to print in the deseri driver.

tdt
tim da tech is offline   Reply With Quote