Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Mar 31, 2003, 8:11 PM   #11

Well, nobody answered my other question but has anybody compared the output quality of this printer to that of the Sony DPP-SV55 which is just about as cheap as this one now? I have image issues with the Sony as it doesn't capture the finer details all that well and subtle tones will wash out.
geepondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2003, 12:07 PM   #12

Their output quality is amazing, I personally own one and love it! I compared it to the Sony's Dye Sub printer and can honestly say that I'm not too fond of their color tones of their printes, to me it's not very realistic. Right now they are running their Volume sale for
a 630PS printer and 5 packs of paper and 1 cleaning kit for $299, that's about 36 cents per print!
frank24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2003, 6:27 PM   #13

Thanks for the reply Frank. I didn't have so much an issue with the colors as I did the lack of details and dynamic resolution. An example would be not picking up the fold in a dark coat. My inkjet, despite the fragility of the print produced much sharper 4x6 images with greater detail. I see from their web site there is a couple of HiTi dealers within a semi-reasonable driving range. I suppose I'll have to go check them out. I do the like the sturdiness/lightfastness qualities of dye subs.
geepondy is offline   Reply With Quote