Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Mar 24, 2003, 5:41 PM   #1

Default HiTi DyeSub photoprinter for $129.99!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just found that the HiTi has just lowered their price of the 630PL for only $129, thats a damn good price for that fine piece of hardware. Made me felt bad that I paid the full price of it, but it was worth every dollar. Anybody that owns a inkjet and complains that dye sub is too expensive should jump on this deal right now. Here's the link to the site http://www.hitishop.com. Enjoy!

For some of you guys that dont know, it is one of the most affordable and best performing dye sub photoprinter on the market.
Dont just take my word for it, doa search for Hiti on dpreview.com forums and youll find many people prasing this printer. I for one am very satisfied with the printers and would't look for any other. Their is a review of the HiTi printers on this very site as well, check it out.

PS Sorry for the double post in the other forum
frank24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2003, 8:40 AM   #2

I have the 630ps and have had great results. www.hi-touchimaging.com provides constant updates and firmware updates for their printers. I wish that HP, Epson and Cannon would follow their technical support lead.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2003, 10:27 AM   #3
Me

Seems like a good deal, but i have a few Q's.

1) I've never seen these in stores. Are they online only?

2) $0.40 per 4x6 print, not including the price of the printer or shipping of the paper and cartridge, seems a little steep. The local photo store will process 4x6's for between 49 and 29 cents each, depending on how many prints you want to make. At 49 cents you would have to make 1500 prints before you break even. At 29 cents you will clearly always be ahead. I couldn't find what resolution the prints are, but I'm sure results are better. It only takes them about 6 minutes to make 25 prints, too.

Is the only reason to buy one of these printers convenience?
Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2003, 11:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonpd3620
I have the 630ps and have had great results. www.hi-touchimaging.com provides constant updates and firmware updates for their printers. I wish that HP, Epson and Cannon would follow their technical support lead.

Its easier to provide support when you only have about 15 current products that are really easy to use in the first place.

Epson cannon, HP All have at least 40-50 products. Which means no one tech can handle all the questions that one might have.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2003, 11:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Seems like a good deal, but i have a few Q's.

1) I've never seen these in stores. Are they online only?

2) $0.40 per 4x6 print, not including the price of the printer or shipping of the paper and cartridge, seems a little steep. The local photo store will process 4x6's for between 49 and 29 cents each, depending on how many prints you want to make. At 49 cents you would have to make 1500 prints before you break even. At 29 cents you will clearly always be ahead. I couldn't find what resolution the prints are, but I'm sure results are better. It only takes them about 6 minutes to make 25 prints, too.

Is the only reason to buy one of these printers convenience?
Go to their where to buy section, they have rather large selection of dealers across the country, but their mainly in the west and east coast. 40 cents per print high? This is currently the lowest price per print from any manufacturer for dye sub printers! The joy of owning your own photoprinter is being able to edit and convenitently print out pictures from your digital cameras without bothering to drive to your local camera store and hope that the pictures come out alright.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 11:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregersonsalvage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonpd3620

Its easier to provide support when you only have about 15 current products that are really easy to use in the first place.

Epson cannon, HP All have at least 40-50 products. Which means no one tech can handle all the questions that one might have.
How does that justify the complete inexistence of customer suport when you have a problem with their products, even though SOny and the gang have a large number of products, they also have a big of enough company with different departments that SHOULD always provide adequate support regardless.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 3:37 PM   #7

What it boils down to is the 630 series of printers provide excellent photo lab quality prints. I bought the 630ps because I can do minor editing and do not need a computer.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 9:45 PM   #8
Me

OK Frank...so then you are saying that the only reason to have one is, in fact, convenience.

I found out today that Costco will do digital prints for something like 20 cents each, and it is on regular photo paper. Half the price that you are spending on materials alone, and likely better quality than 300 dpi. That is probably worth the drive. You don't even have to make it a special trip.
Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2003, 8:52 AM   #9

Convenience may be the only reason to print your own pics - that really is a good reason.
Old Mar 28, 2003, 12:13 PM   #10

As I explained in another post convienience is a wonderful reason.

The ability after being completly hung over from a wedding and not wanting to leave your house cause it hurts but still wanting to be productive so you print the photos you took last night without ever having to change out of your robe into fresh clothes or shower.

I know it sounds disgusting but when you think about it. Its a wonderful thing to have.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote