Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Feb 26, 2006, 1:36 PM   #1

I am having an awful time trying to get the colors matched from screen to my 730PS. I ran the latest firmware and tried both the classical and glamorous color modes in the firmware setup. My color matching in the properties of the printer are set to the hiti drivers - classical mode. I have connected the printer to both my mac and winxp pc's with the same result -- too dark and sun reflections look too orange.

I set my new Epson R1800 two days ago - and printing the same image on my R1800 blows away the Hiti for color reproduction.

Thoughts??

Mike
mbovaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2006, 7:39 AM   #2

Doesn't anyone have an answer for this?
Old Apr 30, 2006, 4:32 AM   #3

im having the same problem and have wasted so much paper with them being too dark - if you came across a solution do let me know x
gismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2006, 9:47 AM   #4

I bought the Epson R1800 and I'm not looking back.* The Epson R1800 destroys the HiTi in terms of quality, functionality and more.* I've printed pictures on the HiTi on the PC and the MAC (using the latest firmware) and the colors look "yellow" and dark.* Skin tones are noticeably more "yellow".* *Printing the same picture on the R1800 shows much much better results.* I have been in contact with their tech support, and they keep having me run these tests which yield the same results.This might not be the answer you were looking for, but I honestly don't have hours and hours to spend trying to debug this problem.* My wife is nagging to print pictures of our daughter for visiting relatives and I can't give them the crap that comes out of the HiTi.I*wish I hadn't wasted my money on the HiTi.**I own the HiTi 730PS, the Olympus P400 and the Epson R1800 and believe me, there is NO comparison.* The Epson is much much better.* The ability to print on CD's is an added bonus for the R1800.**MikeP.S. I printed a 13 x 19 print out on the Epson (using the Water Color Paper - about $1/sheet) and people's jaws drop when I show it to them.* They can't believe it came from a home printer.* Tip: use Epson Paper and Epson inks.....the results are astounding.**
Old May 5, 2006, 9:06 AM   #5

I'll tell you a story. I had a costomer ring up about another dye-sub printer saying he had problems with white backgrounds coming out yellow. He was a profesional portrait photographer and he was annoyed that the image looked fine on his screen and printed great using an Epson R1800. He sent me some images on CD and some sample prints to look at.

Analysing theimage using Photoshop by looking at the RGB values it turned out that the background wasn'twhite at all but was yellow. As it happened his monitor wasn't calibrated, his camera wasn't white balanced properly and the Epson R1800 had a tendency to print photos towards the blue end of the spectrum, thus cancelling out his colour problems.

Now I'm not saying you have the same problem but it's worth checking everything before you blame the printer.
Drexl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 9:14 AM   #6

monitor has been calibrated fine - the problem doesnt exist when you print via photoshop yet it does through the HITI Desiree software!
gismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 11:09 AM   #7

gismo wrote:
Quote:
monitor has been calibrated fine - the problem doesnt exist when you print via photoshop yet it does through the HITI Desiree software!
That's pretty unusual. Photo desiree doesn't adjust the image unless you ask it to. Are you running any profiles on your computer or through Photoshop?
Drexl is offline   Reply With Quote