Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Apr 26, 2006, 8:57 AM   #1

has anyone have any experience with the new sony snap lab i am concidering getting my hands on one and im not sure if i should or if i should just get the mitsubishi 9550 photoprinter :?:
can anyone help
marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2006, 5:57 AM   #2

marvel,

I feel it is the best new concept out there.It is like having a portable mini lab. It does 3",4",5" all from one machine. I distribute this product for Sony and I am traveling in the NYC area this week and have one with me if you are in this area please feel free to contact me at 727-638-0222 and I will give you a demonstration.Youcan also contact me if you have any questions that I may be able to help you with.You get a photo quality print in just 16 seconds.

Ron
rmenne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 11:13 AM   #3

I haven't tried the Sony Snaplab but it sounds interesting. I can vouch for the Mitsubishi 9550DW although you will need to profile it as the default colours are a bit dark.
Drexl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 12:46 PM   #4

Please email me info on the Sony "Snap Lab". What are the per print cost of 4 x6 and 5 x7 prints? Do the Sony Prints come out on THICK paper and beautiful color like the HiTi printers? Lastly, where is the Sony print paper available? Is it available locally in the "big box" stores. My email: kmil123@msn.com

Thanks!
kmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:15 AM   #5

The Sony Snap Lab is GREAT!. Easy to use and very fast. I take pictures at nightclubs and I would use up to 6 hp printers at one time. The Snap Lab beats all of those combined. I'm about to buy another one so I can print 2 different sizes (4x6 and 5x7) at the same time. I can't wait until they bring out one that will do 8x10.
xxxCameraBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2006, 2:58 PM   #6

my question is...do you have to use the 4.6 paper/ink set until it is gone or is there a way to switch out 4x6 to do 5.7"s...can you switch out what size of picture you want or do you have to do only one size until that roll and ink pack is done?
wffaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2006, 10:30 PM   #7

I've been told that you can switch between the 4x6 and 5x7 but I don't have time to do that. So, I bought a second one. They are THAT GREAT!!!
xxxCameraBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 2:24 PM   #8

marvel wrote:
Quote:
has anyone have any experience with the new sony snap lab i am concidering getting my hands on one and im not sure if i should or if i should just get the mitsubishi 9550 photoprinter :?
can anyone help
Hello everyone, we have just purchased the Snap lab and have tried some prints on it and I am impressed with just about everything on it. Now that being said, I have done something dumb and have misplaced our CD Rom that comes with the Sony border templates. Does anyone have a suggestion to get this download for the templates? I have tried various Sony websites and others cannot find this software.
Rocketpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 8:49 AM   #9

ContactJacob, at http://www.kobis.com, with any SnapLab questions, drivers, borders, order supplies, etc.

kobis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 8:54 AM   #10

If you rorate between 4x6 and 5x7, consider buying an extra paper tray. It's only $99.00 ! available at www.kobis.com
kobis is offline   Reply With Quote