Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old May 5, 2006, 2:46 PM   #1

This site helped me pick out my Canon 2S IS camera which I love. Now I am looking for anice dye sub printer $250 or less that prints good 8x10 pics. Any suggestions?
emstaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2006, 1:21 PM   #2

I don't know if you will have any luck finding a dye-sub at that price that will do 8x10. There are many that will do 5x7 and maybe 8x6 but not 8x10. I recently wanted to buy a dye sub for 8x10 work and all I found at a decent price was the Kodak 1400 and the Olympus 440 (i think that was the number). I ended up getting the Kodak and I am very pleased with it. I bought it at buydig.com for roughly $500.00 including shipping and a 50 sheet print pack.

Dave
headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 11:59 AM   #3

Dont think you'll find one for $250.00 although I bought the Olympus P400 off ebay for almost that price and It works great. Figure about $2.00 for each 8 x 10 print.

With proper software, like Qimage, you can max out the 8x10 with 4x6 and 5x7 layouts and then cut.

hope this helps.

jeff
Rjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 1:54 PM   #4

EPSON C88+ IS A GREAT PINTER AND IS ONLY $99.OO WHEN PRINTING SELECT BEST PHOTO, PHOTO ENCHANCE, SET YOUR PAPER SETTINGS TO MATTE AND YOUR PRINT OUT WILL BE AWESOME. EPSON PRINTERS ARE DESIGN FOR DYE SUBLIMATION OTHER PRINTERS YOU RISK CLOGGING YOUR PRINT HEAD VERY EASY.
LOVEDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote