Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:31 PM   #1

Hello:

I work for a non-profit collaborative studio for artists with and without developmental disabilities. We purchased sublimation equipment to translate artwork to tiles and mugs and at the start we were very happy with our Epson printer. Then it would no longer print blank clearly-- Just lines. I would clean the heads 10-13 times, get a print or two and then it would go back to the poor quality black printing.

Would someone please tell me of a reliable printer- that would make 25 for100 12"X12" print outs a week.

Thanks!

patty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2006, 3:24 AM   #2

Some Epson printers have a ink head clogging problem which could cause the output you are seeing. If you've already tried to clean print heads and that didnt' work, then it may need to be serviced.

As I read your post, it is in Dye Sublimation section so My question is are you looking for a Dye Sublimation printer or an Inkjet printer? If you are looking for a Dye Sub that prints up to 12" x 12" it will be big and expensive. I have a Kodak 1400 Pro which will print up to 8 inches wide, but I haven't looked into a larger printer.

Dave
headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 3:44 AM   #3

headhunter66 wrote:
Quote:
Some Epson printers have a ink head clogging problem which could cause the output you are seeing. If you've already tried to clean print heads and that didnt' work, then it may need to be serviced.

As I read your post, it is in Dye Sublimation section so My question is are you looking for a Dye Sublimation printer or an Inkjet printer? If you are looking for a Dye Sub that prints up to 12" x 12" it will be big and expensive. I have a Kodak 1400 Pro which will print up to 8 inches wide, but I haven't looked into a larger printer.

Dave
You might be getting a little confused between a dyesub photo printer and a dyesub transfer printer... I had to do some reasearch and talk to a few people before I understood the difference...

As to the clogging problem.. it could be that you have a poor batch of ink or just that the printer is on its last legs..

Could you give a bit more detail as to which printer you're using and where you're sourcing the ink from..
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote