Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Sep 6, 2006, 11:22 AM   #1

I did not know where to post this, so I thought the general topic will do...

I have tried to buy PS4 from my local Office Depot, but they are out for almost a month, and even their warehouse is completely out of stock...

Is it just Office Depot's failure to reorder, or is PS4 being depleted for a possible release of PS5???...not a troll question, but I am surprised that a major store like OD would not have it in their warehouse...

Thanks
marsha7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 6, 2006, 11:58 AM   #2

Are you talking about Photoshop ELEMENTS or the full blown Photoshop?

Elements current version is 4, but the full blown Photoshop is currently version 9.
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:47 AM   #3

Uh, excuse me, my ignorance is showing...:-):-):?...since I am new to this, it did not dawn on me that there were two of them...duh...

I meant the cheaper version, Elements 4...is there an Elements 5 about to be released, or is 4 the standard for awhile???

Thanks for pointing out my error...
Old Sep 7, 2006, 6:31 PM   #4

Elements 4 is the most recent version, about 1 year old (give or take a month or 2). Office Depot is an office supplies store...software (at least non business related) is not a major part of their business, and is more than likely stocked accordingly. Best Buy, CC, Comp USA are more likely to have Elements in stock. Also, you can download PSE4 directly from Adobe for approximately the same price as you could find at retail.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 9:45 AM   #5

Elements 5 now released. (See Steve's news page.) Can't see that it has much in it which improves the functionality of PSE4 so I'll hang on to my hard earned cash rather than upgrade.
ron519098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 2:21 PM   #6

I just read the news of the release of Elements 5...one of the few times that I have actually guessed correctly...that may also explain why Office Depot did not have them in the warehouse...

The reason I prefer OD is because I have a charge card......and they DO stock a fair amount of software products on their shelves, Photoshop being one of them..