Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Oct 24, 2006, 9:53 PM   #1

I've just calibrated my monitor using the Pantone Huey. My monitor profile now shows the Huey ICC profile as it should. In Photoshop and my camera (D50) I have set Adobe RGB as my working colour spaces. I read on the Pantone site that I didn't have to set the working profile to Huey in Photoshop, that Photoshop would automatically look for the monitor profile and adjust accordingly. I just wanted to confirm that I read this all right. Any help appreciated.
goomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2006, 7:22 AM   #2

I use the Spyder for calibration, but they should function about the same. It sounds like you have everything set up as you need and should be good to go.

One thing, why do you use Adobe RGB as opposed to sRGB? I know there is a lot of discussion on this and I was curious about your reasoning.

Dave
headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2006, 8:15 PM   #3

Thanks for the info headhunter66, it's nice to have confirmation. As for my use of Adobe RGB, I'm simply following the word of the heavyweights on this issue. I just finished Adobe Total Training with Deke Mclelland, as well as countless books from the top professionals in order to get better at what I do, and all without exception recommend Adobe RGB, particularly when printing...which I do a lot. sRGB has however been recommended time and again for work that will live on the web.
goomer is offline   Reply With Quote