Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Nov 2, 2006, 9:23 PM   #1

Photos view VERY washed out when opened in Photoshop CS2. I am having a hard time making adjustments to my pics because I have to save the file and then open it in ACDSee to see what the REALLY looks like. Here is screen shot of a photo I took opened in PSCS2 and ACDSee (right)...

As you can clearly see, the PSCS2 photo is desaturated. This is NOT a problem with my camera...even stock photography that came with Adobe Lightroom comes out looking the same way...ALL photos do. Here is the profile I started with...

I've tried changing the color profile and I've even hit Ctrl+Alt+Shift when opening PS (to reset back to the default settings)...nothing has worked. Could my software be corrupted?

I'm using Adobe PSCS2 (version 9.0.2) in Windows platform with an NEC MultiSync 22" CRT monitor on an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra graphics card, and I've update the drivers for both my monitor and card.

Thanks

Point-N-Shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:45 AM   #2

Ronnie948 wrote:
Quote:
I like the CS-2 photo, All it needs is a very little levels adjustment and it will be perfect. The ADsee photo is way to dark and red for me. My opinion,

Ronnie
<snip>

Well, I appreciate your opinion Ronnie...but the problem is, the photo on the right is the ACCURATE color of the photo. Once its viewed outside of PSCS2 (even if it was saved in PSCS2), it's gonna look like the photo on the right.

Here is another example. This is a stock photo from Adobe's OWN Lightroom opened in PSCS2 and ACDSee...

No matter WHICH one you prefer, the one on the right (ACDSee) is what the actual photograph looks like (in Lightroom as well).

What I'm trying to do is get photos to view in PSCS2 the same way as they do in EVERY OTHER program...that way I can accurately make adjustments when needed.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:48 AM   #3

Whyare my replies appearing ABOVE your post on this thread?? Thats just weird.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 7:56 PM   #4

I like the CS-2 photo, All it needs is a very little levels adjustment and it will be perfect. The ADsee photo is way to dark and red for me. My opinion,

Ronnie
PS: Get Scott Kelby's book titled ,

"The Photoshop CS2 book for Digital Photographers"

It will tell you how to set your CS2 to use Adobe 1998 color along with how to adjust your computer for best output. It is a very good easy to read and understand book. I got one from Amazon.com
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:23 PM   #5

Well, I found the problem (other than I'm fu*king stupid).

I was under the (mis)assumption that Adobe Gamma was an automatic profiling script within PSCS2...not an actual program that you have to run through. I discovered this from someone on a Photoshop forum, so I ran through the Adobe Gamma Wizard calibration and —voilĂ*!— immediate color improvement.

Here is the AFTER pic...

Still a tiny bit off, but WAY better than before...and definitely manageable. It will be even better once my Monaco Optix XR arrives.

Thanks for the input.

Dave