Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Nov 17, 2006, 3:53 PM   #1

I use Elements 5.0 exclusively. I have had Photoshop CS2 for a while and want to sell it on Ebay. Is there any forms I have to fill out to transfer the program legally? Can I just sell the program and the buyer contacts Adobe?

Thanks,

Tony
Tonyv49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2006, 8:06 PM   #2

Read the license.
Generally you don't own software. You buy a license to use it. If the terms of your license don't allow you to sell it on then your only protection is in fair use provisions your nation's laws. In your case, this is from the cs2 license so you can sell it. See the last bit.

4.4 No Transfer. YOU MAY NOT RENT, LEASE, SELL, SUBLICENSE, ASSIGN OR TRANSFER YOUR RIGHTS IN THE SOFTWARE, OR AUTHORIZE ANY PORTION OF THE SOFTWARE TO BE COPIED ONTO ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY'S COMPUTER EXCEPT AS MAY BE PERMITTED HEREIN. You may, however, transfer all your rights to use the Software to another individual or legal entity provided that: (a) you also transfer (i) this agreement, (ii) the serial number(s), the Software and all other software or hardware bundled, packaged or pre-installed with the Software, including all copies, upgrades, updates and prior versions, and (iii) all copies of font software converted into other formats to such individual or entity; (b) you retain no upgrades, updates or copies, including backups and copies stored on a computer; and (c) the receiving party accepts the terms and conditions of this agreement and any other terms and conditions under which you purchased a valid license to the Software. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, YOU MAY NOT TRANSFER EDUCATION, PRE-RELEASE, OR NOT FOR RESALE COPIES OF THE SOFTWARE. Prior to a transfer Adobe may require that you and the receiving party confirm in writing your compliance with this agreement, provide Adobe with information about yourselves, and register as end-users of the Software. Allow 4-6 weeks to transfer. Please visit http://www.adobe.com/support or contact Adobe's Customer Support Department for more information.
jacks is offline   Reply With Quote