Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Nov 20, 2006, 1:48 PM   #1

I am trying to merge images for two cards from 2 different cameras. The picures were all taken about the same time. Unfortunately the the time anddates were not set to be the same on the 2 cameras. In consequence when I merge the images they are in the wrong sequence and I can find no way of reordering them correctly. Is there software avaible (hopefully free!)to rebase the start time of the images? I need to do this in batch mode as i have lots of images to merge and will not have the time (or patience) to manually change the properties of the image. Thanks for any help
timcooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2006, 3:15 PM   #2

This may help you in changing the information in the files:

Irfanview from http://www.irfanview.com

Hopefully it will help in what you need.

I use it to batch rename, rotate, and resize all the time. It may have just what you are looking for. Best of all, if you have never used Irfanview, it is FREE!

-Chet-
Hexfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 4:45 PM   #3

d/l 'reveal 1.2' it will let you edit the exif info of the image.

http://albumshaper.sourceforge.net/
Old Nov 27, 2006, 2:13 PM   #4

Thank you for your help so far. I have tried Irfanview and Batch File renamer, but try as I might it seems impossible to change the details in the EXIF file (?). The info always reverts to the original data so I am still stuck. Any other ideas/suggestions/software gratefully received. Perhaps I am doing something wrong as this must be a common enough problem.
timcooke is offline   Reply With Quote