Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Dec 14, 2006, 2:33 PM   #1
jq

I'm looking for help trying to find a slideshow program that is easy to use, will do basics which for me includes Title page, maybe some captions, random transitions and maybe someday music to play in background. I have PSE 3, easy creator 7, software that came with Canon, Oly, Nikon digital cameras, Premire. nothing I have tried seems to work that easily or cleanly.

Made video cdand that seemed fine in computer but not on tv/cd/dvd system. JUst for family photos, travel stuff, not selling anything.

Appreciate the help. Looked at Fryes and was amazed at the programs they have, but they provide no info on exactly what they will do. Even some reference info on the programs I have to better use them would be nice. Thanks again to my experts.

John
jq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 15, 2006, 12:05 PM   #2

most slideshow software is very similar in its use, i use proshow producer

the problem many people have and dont realise is the amount of ram that is needed to process the image data into a movie slide show that u can look at via dvd player on a tv

your problem may lay in the fact u said u made a video cd.....there are many formats of these that may not be compatable with your dvd player........its often best to make slideshow into a dvd as price between cd and dvd disks isnt very much

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2006, 7:08 PM   #3
jq

Thanks Gary, my son just got that program. He did one show right away and it came out nice----on a dvd. He said I would have better luck too. I just want to find a simple one that I can learn to use and do a slideshow fairly fast when I get new photos to share. I think I saw Producer at about $400? I was thinking about Pro Gold but have read several comments from people having problems.

I've spent 5-6 hours trying to put a slideshow together and about 6 or 7 attempts with no luck. I can do a PDF one but that is too simple I think. It doesn't allow anything without compromising your higher resolution? I'm an old fashioned book kinda guy who likes step by step procedures and instructions until I learn the stuff. Thanks for the info. Hopefully someone else has some experience to share.

John

jq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2006, 2:00 AM   #4

most slideshow software uses similar interface, ie you drag and drop where u want images to be, then change transition effect and maybe add music

some like proshow producer have much more but in basic form its same as any other

as i said the biggest problem comes from processing the show, best thing is to make copies of images u want to use and lower resolution and try using them, it takes maybe 15 mins to convert show to dvd on my pc and about 4 or 5 to convert to webshow, i have 1 gig of ram, pics are from 8mp digital slr.

once, a while ago i had probs while trying out autostich software for panos that it took about 15 mins then software would crash, i used smaller images and it was fine, that was using 10 to do a 360 panorama

best thing is with most software u can try for free

http://www.photodex.com/products/proshow try befor u buy...:-) its cheap too, it looks like it dont make dvds though just cds, and recomend 512meg of ram

good luck

Gary
Old Dec 16, 2006, 1:37 PM   #5

there is one on my site u can look at.......was a first attempt with proshow producer or click here.....u will need to download the free player to watch it

regular proshow will be very similar

Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:04 AM   #6

Nero has a slideshow producer called Nero Vision and it works ok, it came with my burning suite.

I've also used Pinnacle which is a video editing program that came with my capture card.
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote