Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Dec 15, 2006, 11:10 PM   #1

I have a couple of photos taken at or around dusk... and for the life of me - I can't remember how but I did something in photoshop before where I did some kind of overlay and that really made the colors pop. I've searched the forums - but no luck finding this needle in a haystack - any assistance appreciated... :G
joeybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2006, 2:48 AM   #2

It sounds like you might be referring to one of the layer blend modes on the layers palette. If you have more than one layer on the layers palette, you can change the way they blend by clicking on the little arrow near where it says, "Blend Mode" in the upper left area of the layers palette. This will give you a fly-out menu of different blend modes. Some are reasonably useful for the average picture and some create really wacky results.

There is a blend mode named "Overlay." Don't know if that's what you're thinking of, but it's effect really jacks up the contrast and makes colors pop. A less extreme effect can be had with the "Soft Light" mode.

Play around with the blend modes and maybe you'll find what you're looking for!

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote