Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Dec 19, 2006, 2:29 PM   #1

Camera/RAW support for the Pentax K10D? I should be getting this DSLR very, VERY soon, and will be in need of a program which will handle its RAW files. I can purchase the current version of Photoshop - if that happens to be the only one in support of the K10D. But I hope that there may be something (at least) a little cheaper.

BLESSINGS,

Nate
NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2006, 8:29 PM   #2

You should get an editor with your K100D that handles RAW images. Be aware that it is not the greatest but it works.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2006, 8:12 AM   #3

Thanks, Selvin. I know that one came with my E-500, but I wasn't too crazy about it. Hopefully, the one with the K10D will surpass it - at least some.
NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2006, 6:43 PM   #4

I think that you'll find quite a few RAW converters that will support the K10D. Photoshop Elements usually comes with Adobe Camera Raw. Now, whether this is the exact same ACR that Photoshop uses, I can't say for sure. But Elements gives you good bang for the buck, in that you not only get good RAW support, but get a full-featured image editor as well.

A google on RAW conversion programs will bring many choices. Check out the features and prices and when you find a few you are really interested in, ask their customer service when that program will offer an update that supports your camera -- if it doesn't already.

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2006, 10:53 AM   #5

Elements will support your camera. You can also update ACR as new versions arrive.
wingnut1 is offline   Reply With Quote