Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jan 1, 2007, 8:27 AM   #1

Hello , kinda new here...and I read some topics about this but gotto confusing(to many different answers).... so I figured I would just come out and ask"Which is the Best DvD slideshow program"?

Right now I'm using Nero 7 ultra and its ok but I'm looking for something better. Sometimes I'm having problems with DVD's playing on DVD players(brand new one), on some they work on some they dont. Is there some programs that have features like : more style of transition betwwen pics, able to make songs to fit the slide show, and any thing else to make the slideshow unique. I read some reviews about (i think it was ) Pro show gold or something like that , and a lot of people were complaining about crashing alot. I need something less Problematic and something that has a lot of features(Pro level)

Thank you in advance if anyone can point me in the right direction
pizzaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2007, 1:00 PM   #2

welcome pizzaboy

first things first....re compatabilaty with dvd players, thats probably that so software burns them in a way that not all players can read.......sadly nothing u can do about that, for best compatabilaty they need to be burnt as a dvd...not just to one

secondly, making a nice long slideshow with transitions and music takes a lot of rendering, not if u are running an old system with a small amount of ram ie 500 meg or less then ultimately u will run out of resources and the software will crash. i have quite a fast system with 1 gig of ram and it still takes time to render the slideshows to dvd format

lastly read the other threads again take note of any software mentioned and try it........most offer a free trial.....with either a time limit or file size limit.......that way u can pick what your most happy with

and yes i favour proshow....but not gold....the producer one.....its quite amazing

if u are familiar with nero have u tried nero photoshow deluxe??

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2007, 3:16 PM   #3

I had Pro-show gold and updated to Pro-Show producer last year. It does A fantastic job of producing DVD slide shows to be viewed on a Television set with a DVD player hooked to it. Go to : www.photodex.comfor information.

Ronnie,
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 7:01 PM   #4

Ronnie948 wrote:
Quote:
I had Pro-show gold and updated to Pro-Show producer last year. It does A fantastic job of producing DVD slide shows to be viewed on a Television set with a DVD player hooked to it. Go to : http://www.photodex.comfor information.

Ronnie,
It is a $499.00 package... Too steep for me. Are there any other software packages which are less money but work well?
harana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2007, 4:21 AM   #5

standard pro show is about $30 and is very capable, its about the going rate for a competent slideshow maker

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2007, 8:09 AM   #6

Hi PizzaBoy,

Pro-Show Gold is $69.95 at:www.photodex.com

They also offer a free download to try it before you buy it.

Pro-Show gold is very good at making slide shows to view on a television set with a DVD player. It will allow music and transisions etc. I used it for a couple of years. I upgraded at the PMA show in Orlando at a very good show special price or I would still be using it.

DVD slide shows are a large part of what I do now. I will actually put people's old photo's or slides into a nice DVD slide show set to their music or mine. I have a Minolta scanner that will do 35mm, slides or up tomedium formatfilm. I am very selective on the jobs I do and I charge way to much to be overly busy so it is perfect for Me.

If you want to see a few of the slide shows I did for Myself you can go to the photodex web-site, click on SHARING at top of page, in brows members box put ronnie948 as members name and then just click on the show you want to view.

Ronnie
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2007, 8:58 PM   #7

maybe you can try the DVD Slideshow Builder which is very powerful and very popular now , i like it very much. It's easy to create a customized DVD slide show with photos and videos, and i can add music, transitions, motion effects and make beautiful DVD menus.

Aspecific tutorial is here http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1452

Hope you will like the great software
good luck
yinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2007, 8:13 PM   #8

both great
davidbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2007, 6:19 AM   #9

There is Ulead® CD & DVD PictureShow in http://www.ulead.com/dps/runme.htm
Quite good program for the money ($29,99).

Quite simple. I like it.

You can get free trial at www.ulead.com and try yourself.

Bes regards.
GetKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 8:44 PM   #10

My friend recommended DVD Photo Slideshow. It is reliable and very easy to use. I like it. Here is the guide and faq of the software
http://www.qweas.com/download/video_...show_guide.htm

chen2 is offline   Reply With Quote