Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jun 27, 2003, 9:17 PM   #1

Default Can someone please recommend an editor for a mom?

Sorry for the annoying dumb question of recommending software. But, I am in the market to upgrade all my equipment and software. I was/am using MGI Photosuite 4 - it is OK. I am just wondering if there is something better out there. I am not a pro photographer just a mom who likes to take pics of the kids. I like to crop, enhance, remove blemishes, make collages - minor things. Is Adobe photoshop too much for me? What is Elements - a less complicated cheaper version of Photoshop? Or, should I just go for the more expensive one and learn some of the other options?
photo102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2003, 10:22 PM   #2

I like Paint Shop Pro, from JASC. I'm on version 7.04 at present, and v8 is the latest. I've been using it for over 10 years, since it was shareware, and have found all its incarnations very easy to use.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2003, 10:34 PM   #3

Ditto on Paint Shop Pro and version 8 is fantastic. A simple one button photo fix is the best Iíve seen and that is just the beginning of whatís new in 8.
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote