Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jan 20, 2007, 4:15 PM   #1

I have been using Picture Package with my Sony camcorder for over 2 years now. Last week I got a Sony Erikson phone and installed the phone suite. This caused several problems and it took a time to get it working. I have now discovered my Picture Package does not work, and I think, although not 100% sure that these 2 are connected. When I try to run Picture Package I get an error saying I need to install Macromedia Flash Player first. The title of the error box is SonyPotl. Flash has been installed on my PC all along. I checked the web site and I have the latest Adobe Flash Player (9.2 I think it was) installed. Unfortunately I cannot find the original Picture Package CD to try to reinstall. No other changes have been made to my PC. Any help would be greatly received as I'm desperate to download some good home video! Many thanks.
Helen Surridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2007, 4:22 PM   #2

I am having same problem. Picture Package results in Sonypotl message saying I need to install Macromedia Flash Player. I have deinstalled and reinstalled both Picture Package and Adobe Flash Player. No improvement. I recently upgraded the release level of Symmantec Internet Security via auto update. I don't know what is happening.

About the only function I use in Picture Package is shrinking photos down to an email appropriate size.

Still mystified.
Snowman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 2:16 AM   #3

This is interesting. I also recently upgraded my version of Symantec Internet Security via CD to 2007, and this is the first time I have tried Picture Package since then. Maybe this is related.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:54 AM   #4

Goto

http://www.ppackage.com/e/download.html#dl

and download the latest version 1.8 of Sony PicturePackage. I had the same problem you had and now everything runs fine again.

Best,

WK
wolfgangkaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2007, 6:38 AM   #5

That worked! Many thanks, much appreciated. Can get on editing now.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 6:24 AM   #6

ays I need to install Macromedia Flash P
hassankhairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:06 AM   #7

am having same problem. Picture Package results in Sonypotl message saying I need to install Macromedia Flash Player. I have deinstalled and reinstalled both Picture Package and Adobe Flash Player. No improvement. I recently upgraded the release level of Symmantec Internet Security via auto update. I don't know what is happening.

About the only function I use in Picture Package is shrinking photos down to an email appropriate size.

antonidani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 2:23 AM   #8

Hi I would really love to know how u fixed the problem with picture package any help would be great.
euan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2008, 2:51 PM   #9

Hi,

I've been trying to set up my Sony cancorder Picture Package but am having that problem of being told to install Macromedia Flash Player. Can you help me with this problem. Everyone seems to be having it.

Thanks,

lizrak
lizrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2009, 1:37 AM   #10

just go to this site and run the update

http://www.ppackage.com/e/dl_ppk_menu1x.html

it works for me.
dahkuetits1234 is offline   Reply With Quote