Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jan 25, 2007, 12:22 AM   #1

Ok, I have a rather strange problem. When I adjust the white balance on rawshooter it changes and saves as a changed picture and opens the new and much improved version in photoshop, but when I print it, it always prints the same original wb picture. For example, if I shoot a raw picture indoors and adjust to compensate for the slight yellow hue from artificial lighting, it will still print with the original yellow hue. Anyone have any suggestions? I use a pentax *ist dl with the color set to "adobe RGB" and use no color adjustment in the printer setup and set photoshop to adobe RGB. I dont think its anything to do with the profiles because it is a white balance problem after all.

Thanks,
-Alex
Pentaxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2007, 3:20 AM   #2

Alex,
Though I am comparatively new to the digital world and Photoshop, I always save my original download and then work strictly from a copy. Since I am working on a copy, I save my changes also as a new file. That allows me to take the original copy in a new direction if I want to attempt something else. Once saved with a new name, I can select any of my copies to print. I don't know if this is going in the right direction to help you but as I read your post I compared what you were doing to what I do and saw this as a potential difference.
Best of luck,
Steve
BrierS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 7:43 AM   #3

- I would try (just to be sure) with sRGB too
- then maybe it's in the EXIF? --> try Cut+Paste the image and make a complete new one without any EXIF-Info's in it and try to print - any differences?
- printer color profile? Do you activated one? Try to change this...

Maybe this helps,
Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:56 AM   #4

I stripped the EXIF from the file before I saved and printed and the colors appear to be accurate.

Thanks everyone for your help, this was a headache and a half and I saved myself from buying a custom profile.

-Alex
Pentaxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 6:32 AM   #5

You are welcome. Nice to see you solved your problem.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote