Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Jan 26, 2007, 4:30 PM   #1

My Photoshop 7.0 was working fine until recently....when I go to "Save for Web" the hour glass appears like its working but then nothing! The window for "Save for Web" options never appears!! Can anyone help me with this problem???
THANKS!!!
Erikaleighd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:28 PM   #2

Whenever any program starts to act up, I uninstall it & then switch off the computer.

Then I switch it back on again & re-install the program. It usually works.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 11:23 PM   #3

Just tried it twice and still can't get "Save for Web" to open....soooooo frustrated
Erikaleighd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 8:38 AM   #4

If that doesn't work, then maybe something more drastic, like formatting your hard drive & re-installing everything might work, but then you'd need to back up all your files so that you wouldn't lose them, and the whole operation would be very tiresome.

If all I wanted was to reduce the dimensions of a picture and store it as a jpeg file with as low a kb count as would still display an acceptable picture, I think that I'd simply try another way round it.

For example here's a picture that I first reduced to 600x450 (using Photoshop Elements 2) and then compressed into a jpeg file around 30kb with JPEG Optimiser.

On the other hand I guess there are various other functions in "Save for web" & I'm not familiar with them....

I'll be interested to read what anybody else suggests. Best of luck!

Herb
Attached Images

Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:18 AM   #5

First try resetting your preferences file. You can save a copy prior to doing so in case this doesn't work.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote