Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Feb 4, 2007, 3:15 PM   #1

Hi, I have been using CS2 but when i go to resize the image for upload..Say..Hight 600 it seems to make a thumbnail image why is that as the other photo program i have i resize in that but i want to learn in CS2..Can you please help..!!

Thanks in advance
wrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2007, 3:22 PM   #2

What zoom level is the image at? CS2 will not automatically change the zoom percentage when you resize. For instance, if you are working on the photo at 33%, when you resize it will stay at 33%, and thus look very small.
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 3:30 PM   #3

What zoom would you suggest..?? It usually is 33% i think but goes tiny when i resize..When i use another photo program MGI 4 it does'nt reduce the picture size atall (View) but the picture always looks like it's been slightly blurred...
Old Feb 4, 2007, 3:42 PM   #4

All i've done to this is resize
Attached Images

Old Feb 4, 2007, 4:11 PM   #5

I have photoshop elements 5, so I'm not sure it's the same, but after resizing try hitting "control" + "alt" + "0" (that's zero). That should bring it up to full size.
Ron
surfnron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 4:26 PM   #6

Thanks i'll try it next pic...Cheers
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:19 PM   #7

Quote:
What zoom would you suggest..?? It usually is 33% i think but goes tiny when i resize..When i use another photo program MGI 4 it does'nt reduce the picture size atall (View) but the picture always looks like it's been slightly blurred...
Well, after you resize the image, zoom to 100%... that is how large the image actually is.

Nice pic, btw.
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 1:43 PM   #8

If you have the hand tool or the magnifying glass you can click fit to screen.
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 3:15 PM   #9

wrams wrote:
Quote:
Hi, I have been using CS2 but when i go to resize the image for upload..Say..Hight 600 it seems to make a thumbnail image why is that as the other photo program i have i resize in that but i want to learn in CS2..Can you please help..!!
Photoshop varies the percent of an image to fit it into the image window it opens. The percent varies according to the size of the image. Very small images will open at 100%. An 8Mp DSLR image opens at 16.7% on my computer. A 5Mp 4:3 image opens at 25%. That probably varies with screen resolution and toolbars.

What Photoshop does differently from any other viewer or editor I've used is to keep that percent when you downsize the image. Most fit the image back to the window, but Photoshop shows the smaller image at the same percent in the display. I would prefer it didn't do that, but I haven't ever seen a way to change the behavior. What I find particularly irritating is when it also downsizes the window.

That is just the way the program acts. Grab the corner of the image window and make it larger. Then go to the Navigator and run the slider up to 100% and you will get an idea of the actual size.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 3:23 PM   #10

Hi Slipe, I finally realized what to do after some great help...Some-one also said if you press (Ctrl + Alt + 0) in Elements then that brings it up to 100% When i tried it on CS2 it worked...That Resize in CS2 really does get on my Nerves to...Having to drag the image box open again...16.7% Is my Camera..8MP as you said....

Now i'm following a tutorial on Dreamweaver to build my site so even more complication...Lol

Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated...