Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Feb 23, 2007, 3:17 PM   #11

is there a plugin some one has, that automatically applies a gaussian blur to a partially blurred portion of a photograph?

amitr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 2:42 AM   #12

how do u bring out this effect on a black and white image????

Attached Images

Old Feb 26, 2007, 11:37 PM   #13

Its easier to take color out than to put it back in. http://www.worth1000.com/tutorial.asp?sid=161015
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 11:54 PM   #14

sounds interesting,.,
Old Apr 3, 2007, 8:39 PM   #15

Hello,

I have a pic which I have edited/enhanced in PhotoShop Elements 4. When I downloaded it to Kodak, I received the follwoing error message,

"Image resolution is too low for high-quality prints at the selected size".

Can anybody please tell me how or if it's possible to change the resolution of the pic so I can get a 4x6 & 5x7?

Thanks in advance for any help.

RosaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 11:18 AM   #16

amitir0

if u mean the effect of the blurred background, its not bound to be an edit if u shoot with a big lens and shallow depth of field it gives that effect

its very had to get it with a normal lens, and requires a fair bit of skill to fake it in photoshop

here is one from last week, stood about 10 foot away, big lens zooms them in, shallow depth of field make background blurred as its beyond the focal distance

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2007, 6:10 AM   #17

no no , i specifically meant the colour effects of that BW.JPG file!
Old Apr 5, 2007, 7:42 AM   #18

you must mean the green tint

well once u have converted ur image to black n white by what ever way u preffer to use (mine is via channel mixer), go to image/adjustments/colour balance and just play with the sliders

there is more work in that image besides the tint, there is no one click fix......its a case of using what u know and trying other stuff

Gary
Old Apr 5, 2007, 8:19 AM   #19

ok, thanks for the tip. But tell me, how do I know that this image would look in green and this one in cyan? do colours have to do anything with composition. i mean the composition and the colour together giving out the message that the photographer wanted to say?

alos, i had another thread where i tried to ask about how to bring in this 'wow' factor in images. For simplicity lets concentrate of B&W images. So are there any rules of contrast etc that actaully bring out that professionally rich image quality?

Old Apr 6, 2007, 4:55 PM   #20

quote "how do I know that this image would look in green and this one in cyan?"

experiance mate...........u try all the editing u can and se what YOU like, after a while u get a good feel for what looks good, after all its you thats making the image and you should feel when its right. i can spend hours trying to get something as i want it and still fail but tend to try later and get it right

to make "wow" shots in black n white needsa plenty of editing......i make black n white with channel mixer and then make a copy, darker and blend, i try different blending modes and tweaks, i like them to be dramatic

if u put the effort in u get the results u want..............eventualy

Gary