Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Editors (Photoshop, Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Kdenlive, etc.)

Old Feb 28, 2007, 11:15 PM   #1

Quote:
Help, I'm new here..."I been working with Windows Movie Maker and keep getting an error at the end. I down loaded Regcure to helpremovedtheerrors and still keep getting a error at the end. Does anyone out there know how to get this problem re-solve?Does anyoneout there know of any other program that is simple to usedtake family video clips and pictures andturn them into a movie?

Thank you in advance if anyone can point me in the right direction
oil man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2007, 1:07 AM   #2

oil man, write down exactly what the error message says, then go to the Microsoft website and enter the error in a "search" box. This will likely get you some listings for pages in the Microsoft Knowledge Base that will tell you what the error means and what you can do to correct the problem.

Can't offer a recommend. Homey don't do no movies.

Hope you strike a gusher with the error search, oil man!

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 6:14 AM   #3

Oil man......
I dont know if your having the same problem I had but my problem was because I had to many photos...I have never read if there is a limit on meg size but I was making a slide presentation and had close to 350 pictures...I would get about half way through the creation part of the program and it would not load the rest of the pictures...I did the search for the fix but never found any...I had to reduce the photo amount to under 300 and it worked....I have only done 4 slide shows with it so I am not an expert...
Maybe because its a freebie that came with win xp, it has its limits...I dont know...But its really frustrating when you put so much work into it and it wont finish....If you find a fix, please post it...I would love to know....
john
John at the Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 12:01 PM   #4

Oil Man.....
Check this out from microsoft.com...."[img]Microsoft%20Photo%20Story%203%20for%20Windows%20XP[/img]Microsoft Photo Story 3 for Windows XP"...Its a free download and may work better than movie maker...I have not used it but from what I read, it sounds just like movie maker...Why they would make 2 of the same thing and name it differently, I dont know...I also saw on the microsoft download site an updated version of movie maker...this might be a fix to check into also...:?
John at the Beach is offline   Reply With Quote